Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Life is messed up!



This is my contribution to Dean's Sketchbook, he said we could paint anything and the only thing that came to my mind was homeless people. I see so many in London everyday. This particular guy is always situated around Barclay's Bank on King's Road in Chelsea.
I saw him take this pose and I couldn't resist a quick snap with the handy I-phone.

I have heard so many stories about homeless people and I know the agony and pain of their downward spiral. I tried to really get into this piece by writing some words this man would say. It's an intense piece and means a lot too me, I hope it means a lot to you-Dean!

Sorry for the lateness. I have been so busy but I just didn't want to rush up the piece and send it off.

4 comments:

  1. It surely does mean a lot to me, Adebanji! This painting is so filled with passion. I love your style.

    Don't worry about being late...this is certainly worth the wait! Can't wait to have it in my hot little hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy you understand Dean! I am also happy you really like too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I see these paintings, it makes me sad I will not get to see this one in person. This one immediately expressed the raw emotion you have painted so beautifully; outstanding, Banji!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome painting Adebanji. A very sensitive and beautifully executed piece.

    ReplyDelete